Affordable / Tax Credit Management
Piper Management Group Tax Credit Management Advantage:
Since 1986, Piper Management Group has assisted clients from concept to completion and beyond in the area of tax credit / affordable housing. Whether it be the submittal of a tax credit application, an affirmative fair housing marketing plan or compliance monitoring, Piper Management is your go-to company when it comes to low income housing tax credits (LIHTC). Piper Management and its executive staff has extensive experience assisting sponsors with applying for both federal and state issued low income housing tax credits (LIHTC) as in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code, Section 42.
- Piper Management offers an in-house compliance staff to ensure all developments comply with LIHTC Regulations and all Federal, State, and Local housing laws. We also prepare, maintain and submit to the proper agencies monthly compliance reports and annual owners certifications.
- State-of-the-art software in place to certify and recertify applicants, check compliance data and provide all necessary reporting for tax credit properties.
- Certified by both, the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA), as well as, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- By managing over twelve hundred LIHTC units, managers are always fully apprised of the tax credit rental limits, IRC code and reporting requirements including tenant recertification.
- Utilizes a “blended management” approach (working cooperatively with the Service Providers and Property Owners to ensure special needs residents succeed in their permanent supportive housing).
- Promotes a “service enriched housing development” by working with service providers to offer value added activities and services at the development.